Thursday, July 14, 2011

organized to a 'tee'

Yellow Pants- GAP (remixed like this); Striped Top- Thrifted (remixed like this and this); Blue Blouse- Thrifted (remixed like this); Sandals- Old Navy; Belt- Thrifted

When asked about my organizational skills in a job interview I answered with honesty "my schedule is organized but my workspace never is".  (Surprisingly enough I got the job and am still in it).  With the exception of a three hour time frame right after cleaning day, my condo looks like a war zone with clothes in piles everywhere and untouched bills scattered across my desk.  One aspect of my life that I like organized are vacations.  It seems contradictory to most people who want to relax on their holiday but I like to go on excursions, explore the local area and have a sense of accomplishment.  



On my October trip to California, I had a detailed itinerary even going so far as picking restaurants (and sometimes even my meal) ahead of time.  My home boy and I leave for our trip to San Diego (his business trip) and Hawaii (my belated birthday gift) in 1 week (eeek!) and besides booking our flights and reserving the hotels, I haven't planned a thing.  I've been so busy with life that my vacation organization has taken a back seat.  I plan on doing some last minute planning this weekend because as nice as lying on a beach is, I need some adventure to keep me stimulated!


7 comments:

  1. Sometimes I want to go on a vacation that involves simply staying in a hotel...all day, all night...and doing NOTHING. I know, I'm lame.

    I love the red belt! You look super cute.

    Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a good Vacation.

    http://amyfashionblog52.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, have fun in Hawaii!! I'm totally jealous. Which island are you going to?

    You're looking adorable today!! I love the bright red belt and sandals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you belted the top - and that red belt is so great!

    xoxo ~ Courtney
    http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE stripes! I really Love the color combo in this outfit! You look Tres Chic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like some fabulous vacations you have coming up!

    I love the yellow pants with gray. You look great! You are one outfit away from returning to the rest of your closet :)

    ReplyDelete

One of my daily joys is reading the lovely comments you leave. It may take a day or two (or three, depending on how hectic life gets!) but I will stop by your slice of the blogosphere soon! xo Emily