Tuesday, June 21, 2011

camera shy

Skirt- GAP; Top & Earrings- Thrifted; Shoes- Spring
I liked this outfit in theory but executed not so much.  I think this thrifted top looked better when I was blonde and I had no good photos to choose from because I was feeling camera shy.  You know those days when you just feel kind of silly taking a photo of your outfit and onlookers are giving you strange looks and whispering to their companions? And then you start to wonder what is the point? No don't worry I never get that carried away, for the most part I love outfit photos (even though I'm not very photogenic I like capturing my daily outfits for inspiration or in this case never to repeat).

Oh and I switched another blouse I hadn't worn yet for this top.  I'm all over the place with my remix decisions this time around, during the winter 30x30 I stuck with my picks but now I'm swapping things left right and centre! It's no wonder I'm struggling to put together an outfit with all this confusion!


I do love these shoes though! And they're super comfy!


What about you- do you get camera shy sometimes?

12 comments:

  1. I personally think this looks really cute in the execution...I get camera shy too but I really like this on you, the ruffles on the top are so pretty and I think it looks really nice with your hair color.

    xoxo ~ Courtney
    http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've given me hope! Is it really okay to switch up items you haven't worn yet? And why am I even worrying about breaking the rules since I've ALREADY broken the shopping rule. I bought a marvelous maxi dress today and I am grieving to not be able to wear it until the middle of July. I may have to consider this switching strategy. I, too, have days I feel awkward and it shows up in the camera. I think I do best when I am comfortably taking pictures in my yard away from prying eyes. I agree with Courtney, I like your outfit, too. I think the lavender with the neutrals is creative! Debbie http://thriftygirlvintage.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the time dear! You look sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. no I think it looks great I love the pattern mixing and textures. You look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute shoe. I don't get camera shy but I take my picture in the bathroom.

    http://amyfashionblog52.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great shoes! And, yes, I'm often camera-shy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute outfit! I would have never thought to pair that shirt with that skirt...perfect. Love the shoes!

    I'm ALWAYS camera shy. I'm getting a little better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, love, love that top!!! <3 Ohmygosh- it's adorable!! <3 <3 I think it looks great on you, even if you're not blond anymore :)

    Haha, heck yeah! I’m usually camera shy ;D I JUST started liking pictures of me :)

    xoxo
    Jordan

    P.s.
    I'm gonna try to start on your gloves today!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are adorable and you ARE photogenic! Stop it! I love that top and I love the skirt too!

    Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

    ReplyDelete
  10. Youre so cute! :) I love everything you're wearing ! :D
    Yes,I DO get camera shy sometimes too! :)

    www.arty-heart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love this top, but maybe with a more subtle bottom.
    too much going on with the pattern of the skirt
    camera shy? i don't like people watching me get my picture taken.
    brett

    ReplyDelete
  12. There's shocking news in the sports betting industry.

    It's been said that every bettor must watch this,

    Watch this now or quit betting on sports...

    Sports Cash System - Advanced Sports Betting Software.

    ReplyDelete

One of my daily joys is reading the lovely comments you leave. It may take a day or two (or three, depending on how hectic life gets!) but I will stop by your slice of the blogosphere soon! xo Emily