Things you never knew (and maybe didn't want to know!) about me:
1) I have serious road rage- I am that person who is tailgating you if you are driving like a grandma and flipping you off if you cut me off (not proud of this fact!) It's probably for the best that our car is no longer safe to drive (due to its old age) so I am now a passenger on the big red limo (aka OC Transpo bus).
2) I am a crazy cat lady (ok you might have already figured this out after I dressed up Marley and Mamma Sita in Christmas costumes!) I have been known to escape to where the cat is hiding (during a party) and spend more time with the furry felines than the humans! They are adorable, they don't talk back and they love you as long as you keep their food dish full and their litter scooped!
|The only time I'm not road raging- after a perfect parallel parking job|
3) Junior High School (grades 7-9) was the worst time of my life. I was teased a lot because I wore glasses, needed braces and took school very seriously. I didn't have many friends and I got high grades so I was an easy victim for bullies. Even writing about this makes me tear up because it was such an awful experience. I always pretended to be sick so I could stay home from school but eventually I would have to go in and face the bullying. As a result, I try to be nice to everyone and never make fun of people for being different- mean-spirited words cut deep. I do not agree with the saying 'sticks and stones can break my bones but words can never hurt me.' For me it was quite the opposite and I believe that kindness goes a long way (karma's a bitch!)
|My beautiful cat Sophie from back home|
|This is my 22 year old nerd self (on the right with my younger sis) but you get the picture|
5) My Mum moved to England (from Nova Scotia, Canada) when I was in grade 11. This was a very difficult time for my sister, Dad and I but we were there for each other and got through it. My parents are both re-married to wonderful people and I love getting the opportunity to visit the UK once or twice a year. This will be the first Christmas I get to spend with my Mum (and Step-Dad) since she moved away so I am very excited about seeing her over the holidays. Just as I'm getting used to my Mum living in Jolly Old, she is moving back to Nova Scotia in the spring time to open a B&B- read about her progress here.
|Wait- I'm a Belieber- does that count as a religion?|
|My beautiful Mum and I dressing up in Bath, UK|
7) Now for a fun one to lighten the mood-I suffer from bi-polar interests. I am terrified of down-hill skiing (because of the height) yet I have no trouble flying on airplanes. I am a mad flirt yet am a very jealous person myself (as mentioned in yesterday's post). I love singing karaoke in front of a packed house (even though I have a dreadful singing voice) yet I am petrified of public speaking. I can't watch horror movies but I love Dexter and Criminal Minds (even though they depict more realistic scenarios). I love Japanese food (sushi is my vice) yet can't stand Chinese food (actually maybe this isn't a contradiction now that I think about it). I love writing essays for academic purposes yet I hate writing minutes for work. I like the idea of practicality, yet my head is always in the clouds, dreaming of my future.
|Just a regular day of thrifting|
Now it's your turn! I would like to tag Ashley from Dare to Unravel; K from Love K and M from the grownup diaries to share seven facts about themselves- be creative and have fun!
|Sushi is love|