Thursday, July 19, 2012

LWD

Dress (worn like this)- Gap; Blazer, Purse & Shoes- Thrifted; Jewellery- Dragon Moon (Boutique in Perth, ON)
I think both a LBD (or multiple in my case!) & a LWD (little white dress) are wardrobe essentials for all women.  They are extremely versatile and can be styled in a multitude of ways.  There's nothing fresher than a white dress, cotton blazer and simple accessories plus it's a great way to beat the heat (and humidity, especially if you're in Ottawa right now!) I've heard people say you shouldn't wear white (or black for that matter) if you're fair skinned but I don't abide by rules, dress for yourself and whatever makes you feel comfortable and confident!

Many components of this outfit are secondhand so I'm linking up to Coffee & Cardigan's Thrifter Thursday!


Do you prefer to wear a LBD or LWD?

11 comments:

  1. I don't have a LWD in my closet but you wear yours so elegantly that I may have to invest in one!

    Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great LWD! I prefer the LBD because I can never keep from spilling something on white clothing. I'm a dirt magnet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, usually I don't wear just LBD or LWD, rather black + white or colourful though I do of course own my LWD and several LBDs. and I think it's really stupid to say that someone should not wear for an example white because of her/his skintone. everyone can wear whatever they want to. and Emily, you loook great!

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the LWD ;) Well, as for choosing between the two, I can't do it. I love both LWDs and LBDs - they're both very eclectic and wearable in different occasions. That thrifted bag is super cute too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am messy - so I avoid white in general for the most part! I am more of a LBD girl I guess! But this LWD is lovely on you! I really like it, and I like it even more with the cute blazer!! Definitely looks like a cool fresh look for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great LWD! That's an item I don't have in my wardrobe, but I think it's something I need. It looks so summery too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. white does not look great on me, but it doesn't stop me from wearing it! i do, however, prefer a lbd. but that is because i don't have a lwd as cute as the one you are wearing here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Emily, you look so classically lovely, almost like a Greek goddess sans jacket.

    I'd prefer a LWD, but bein' th' messy type, have to stick to LBDs :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. i'm pretty sure i have you beat in the pale skin department. i do have a little white dress, but i prefer black. i mean my car & my guitar are both black, if that says anything.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this lwd! I don't have one but if I did, I certainly hope it would be this fabulous. Come to think of it...I don't have an lbd either! Shameful!!

    Hannah Tattoos and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  11. i like BOTH! i think it's essential to have both in your closet. Love your white dress and accessories.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete

One of my daily joys is reading the lovely comments you leave. It may take a day or two (or three, depending on how hectic life gets!) but I will stop by your slice of the blogosphere soon! xo Emily