Saturday, April 2, 2011

From Meetings to Male Models

I thought it was time to do another post like Career to Cocktails that shows how to transform an outfit (or in this case a skirt) from day to evening.  This skirt was a recent purchase from Gap, that I couldn't resist with its silky softness, horizontal stripes and reduced price of $19.99 (original price of $54.99). 

This is how I wore the skirt during the day- meeting with clients and colleagues in an action packed work day.  I added the purple top to brighten up the look and kept my accessories muted and neutral.



Skirt- Gap; Blouse- Smart Set; Boots-Aldo; Purse- Thrifted; Watch- Fossil; Necklace- The Bay
 And then it was time to play! I met up with Twenty York Street, The Fashion Keeper, Pop Champagne; and Demu  at a male model underwear fashion show hosted by Stroked Ego and Blackbook Lifestyle, held at The Flamingo, Ottawa's newest gay club. I even got to meet two local fashion bloggers for the first time, Along the Shore and Collections and Creations. For this event I thought thigh high pleather boots and a faux fur vest would do the trick (although fur in a nightclub is not the best idea for climate control!)


If you're wondering where all the photos of the muscled men in tighty whiteys are, let's just say I'm trying to keep this blog as family friendly as possible ;)


Skirt- Gap; Tank & Belt- Thrifted; Clutch & Belt- Thrifted; Boots- Aldo; Fur & Ring- Vintage; Earrings- Roots; Headband-Forever 21; Nail polish- Coral Pink by Sally Hansen

14 comments:

  1. I love this post. You are fabulous, imo. Xoxo, tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute. Great skirt for an awesome price. I love the watch you had on in the daytime part and the boots in the second. That event sounds super fun. Dang...family friendly lol

    xoxo Monroe

    Fashion Steele NYC

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow..you so know how to heat it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely love your outfit at Ego Trip babe! If I can only strip that fur vest off you and take it home! =)

    Oh you should see our photos onstage! So so fun!

    besos,

    ML
    It's OUT!
    Come and join The Pajama Project!
    Twenty York Street

    Twenty York Street

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you took this to night. It went form sweet, and fun to high fashion. I really like when you do this, you should make it a feature.
    My Heart Blogged

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like both versions of this outfit - that purple sheer top is so pretty!

    It was fabulous to meet you and some other bloggers at Ego trip - what an event.. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That vest is amazing! It's great evening-wear.

    And a "male model underwear fashion show"?! Doesn't sound kosher to me! Sounds more like an excuse for you gals to ogle some cute guys!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great idea for a post and you rocked both looks
    i really like that purple blouse, it is perfect for this time of year
    Brett

    Scout Bag Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  9. a huuuge fan of these two outfits! I loooove the cream bag and the vest soooooo much! you are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. great skirt! LOVE how you changed up your two outfits. wouldn't even realize they were the same! you look fantastic in both pics! sounds like a super fun night. i miss those going out days :)

    Claire
    http://spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look wonderful. That skirt is so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the thrifted purse in the first few photos but I totally love how rockin' the second outfit is! Wowza!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun post! I love that skirt and love how you made it work for both business and pleasure. You look fantastic, hope you had a great time!

    Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

    ReplyDelete
  14. It was so nice meeting you! You looked great;)

    Kate xo
    collectionsandcreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

One of my daily joys is reading the lovely comments you leave. It may take a day or two (or three, depending on how hectic life gets!) but I will stop by your slice of the blogosphere soon! xo Emily