Sunday, February 6, 2011

{30x30 pt6} Communicating Using Fashionable Lingo

An exciting new development in my life is that I am a Social Media and Fashion Intern for the upcoming 2011 Ottawa Fashion Week in March.  My responsibilities will be tweeting @OFW_LIVE; updating the blog (not live yet) and compiling lists for press releases and the media.  The Communications team had our first meeting today and it was so exciting to meet fellow fashion bloggers, marketing gurus and local fashionistas.  I have always tinkered with the idea of switching into PR so this will be a great trial run to see how I like it.  Once the blog is up and running, I will let you know so you can follow along with our fashion week fun! Now if only I could get a paying gig in this field... 






Skirt- GAP; Tee & Sweater- Smart Set; Boots- Thrifted; Belt- Peacocks UK; Earrings- Hush

A fellow remixer and founder of the fabulous blog 3 Stinky Boys & me is remixing the same skirt- check out her look here!

13 comments:

  1. i love the earrings and your hair looks great like this!

    xoxo Monroe

    Fashion Steele NYC

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a really exciting opportunity. That top fits you so well, it's sexy, but not too sexy.
    My Heart Blogged

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how exciting! Congratulations! I can't wait to follow along! And meeting other fashion bloggers and stuff is always so fun, isn't it?

    I LOVE your top, too, by the way. Loooove.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way too cute. I'm loving how you are pairing that ruffled skirt. Also, I'm super excited for OFW!!! I've been toying with the idea of volunteering but have no idea what I would be able to do.

    Also, I think you'd be great at PR.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That's great. And your earrings are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the job! That's awesome. And I love how you dressed 'our' skirt. The belt is so pretty.
    xo
    Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this outfit... I love black, gold and floral.
    Lee x

    ReplyDelete
  8. congrats on the position! can't wait to see you again :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on this great gig !
    Love the outfit, that skirt is fabulous !

    ReplyDelete
  10. congrats. you are totally deserving of this! Hope we get a chance to meet before the shows. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a seriously awesome position! I feel like a meetup of ottawa bloggers in attendance sometime during the festivities would be fabulous. Thoughts?

    ReplyDelete

One of my daily joys is reading the lovely comments you leave. It may take a day or two (or three, depending on how hectic life gets!) but I will stop by your slice of the blogosphere soon! xo Emily