Sunday, February 13, 2011

{30x30 pt13} Dairy Farmer

I mentioned in a previous post that I am a compulsive career changer and things I read/watch influence these choices.  I recently read an article in Chatelaine about a 26 year old Canadian female dairy farmer and I got so excited by her story that I read it aloud to the boy and declared that this was my calling and I would work as a farm hand in the summertime.  He then reminded me of the early mornings, the shovelling of excrements and the uniform of overalls and rubber boots and my enthusiasm quelled.

Tonight we were watching an episode of Nova (great science show!) about smart animals and they profiled a marine biologist who works with dolphins.  Biology was my favourite subject in high school and I love animals so why not combine the two? If I didn't have to go back to university and complete a degree in biology, then maybe it would be feasible.  For now I will continue the search for the perfect career that would feel more like a hobby than a job and Monday morning wake-ups wouldn't be so rough...

(I picked up my new glasses this weekend- they're tortoise shell Gucci and they're geek chic!)





Blouse- Zara; Skirt- Danier; Boots- Aldo; Ring-Vintage; Glasses- Gucci


I'm already a zoo-keeper with my two cats, their animal toys and my figurines!

Unfortunately Mama Sita's favourite sleeping spot is in my closet which means my clothes are always covered in cat fur (like this black dress I plan on wearing tomorrow- thank goodness for lint brushes!)

7 comments:

  1. hahaha that's too funny. Yeah early mornings and overall all day would make me second guess it as well. I love that skirt. It's a great length and the detail is great too.

    Write it in Lipstick

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my cats but the moment I take off anything they come out of nowhere, and lay on it. If there is a hamper of folded clean clothes, they are there in a flash. If it wasn't for lint brushes I would have some very hairy clothing.
    My Heart Blogged

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your skirt!
    great blog!
    loving the posts
    stop by some time xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. the skirt is awesome and I love the blog header!

    Happy Valentine's Day!!!
    xoxo Monroe

    Fashion Steele NYC

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lint brushes are heaven sent.

    You look amazingly sexy in this outfit! That skirt is fantastic, I love the boots and leopard print is always, always fabulous. I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice skirt, and yees thank goodness for lint brushes- one of the best inventions ever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it would be amazing to have many different jobs. Kind of like a temp. Like twice a week work in a bakery, then twice in a flower shop and then an dairy farm the next =P. Just mix it up and work different places would be fun. Not the same thing day after day.

    ReplyDelete

One of my daily joys is reading the lovely comments you leave. It may take a day or two (or three, depending on how hectic life gets!) but I will stop by your slice of the blogosphere soon! xo Emily