Monday, February 14, 2011

{30x30 pt 14} Love Day

Ash of Pink Beautiful Love thought it would be fun for bloggers to post about their firsts today so I decided to write about my first date, which in all honesty was far from romantic!

I was a late bloomer and played barbies until I was at least 15 which meant boys were the last thing on my mind.  Until I started High School and my hormones kicked in.  In Grade 10 I opted out of computer class to take a Grade 11 French Immersion Biology class.  One day after discussing mitosis, one of the Grade 11 boys stopped me in the hallways and asked me if I would go on a date with him.  Would I ever! I turned bright red and gave him my phone number over bouts of giggles.  Now this guy was not a catch in any meaning of the word.  He had a unibrow and a crustache and sported blue velour sweat suits and prison garb.  He was also a drug dealer and spoke fluent gangster (but he was a suburban white boy). 

Regardless of all this, I was still very excited to go on my first date and in between dissecting frogs we discussed what we should do and we finally decided on a movie- a safe bet that wouldn't break our High School student budgets.  On the day of our date I had butterflies in my stomach and I wore tight low rise jeans and a cropped black shirt with chains from Sirens (classy!)  I didn't have my license yet so my Dad had to drive me to our local movie theatre.  When I met up with my date I was appalled to find out he had brought a friend with him! So much for romance.  Throughout the whole movie, his friend threw popcorn at us while we awkwardly held each other's clammy hands.

Biology class boy was also my first kiss and the first guy who cheated on me.  Our 'relationship' lasted two weeks and ended when one of my friends called me saying that she had seen him holding another girl's hand at the mall.  I was heartbroken and I remember playing sad music and sitting in my Dad's lap crying.  Ah young love...

My 16 year old self in the good ol' days of webcam






I'm not a red roses kind of gal so peach coloured it is!



Dress- Urban Outfitters; Tights- Primark UK; Shoes- Charlotte Russe; Jewelry- Gifted from the boy; Red teddy- La Senza; Nail polish- Cerise by Sally Hansen; Headband-Mac & Jac for Zellers 

What's a memorable first for you?

10 comments:

  1. Aww what a jerk! Gotta love the dad's for mending broken hearts. Great story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are precious !!!! Love the vday inspired accessories

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boys don't what they have sometimes. But, at you least you have a great honey now.
    My Heart Blogged

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. That's a memorable first date! I cant get over the jumPsuit image.

    Happy Valentines day to you and your love!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look beautiful in your pink and red! I love your story - except the part about being heart-broken. Not a happy thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a poignant memory. And pretty picture. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. awkard date lol, but not unexpected for highschool boys I think! :D I don't think I had a date date until I was in university come and think about it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Although the break up with the young man broke your heart, it made my day! Your taste in men has improved, I must say. Love the coloured tights!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey emily, you remind me of your own modern day version, influenced by cyndi lauper! or am i just thinking betsey johnson? i soooooo dig this look. :)

    ReplyDelete

One of my daily joys is reading the lovely comments you leave. It may take a day or two (or three, depending on how hectic life gets!) but I will stop by your slice of the blogosphere soon! xo Emily