Sunday, January 16, 2011

Navigating the Crossroads

I have reached the inevitable crossroads that we must all navigate at some point or another.  As some of you may know, I graduated from University in June with my Bachelor of Social Work degree.  It was very hard to find a job in my field upon graduation so I took a job as an Event Planner and Administrator.  I'm still in this position which is great because I have full benefits, Pension and vacation days but it can be very mind-numbing and soul-draining.  I recently applied for my Masters of Social Work and I will hear about my acceptance in the next few months.  The crossroads I am facing is whether or not I will accept this offer if given.  As much as I love helping others, Social Work is a very stressful field and if you don't take care of yourself properly you will burn out.  I miss learning, writing essays and studying for exams (I'm a bit of a dork), but I also love the freedom that working provides me with, leaving the evenings and weekends to do as I please.  For now, I will continue to look for more challenging and fulfilling work, while filling my free time with friends, shopping, exercising, dates and blogging!




You are now at a crossroads.  This is your opportunity to make the most important decision you will ever make.  Forget your past.  Who are you now?  Who have you decided to become?  Make this decision consciously.  Make it carefully.  Make it powerfully.  -Anthony Robbins


Outfit: Trousers- Wallis UK; Blouse- Smart Set; Tee- Banana Republic; Scarf- Vintage from my Mum; Heels- Priceless UK; Ring- Zellers; Nail polish- Blackmail by Wet & Wild; Purse- Thrifted
Do you ever feel like you are navigating the crossroads of life?


6 comments:

  1. I hear ya loud and clear sista! Im a recent grad too and just kind of jumped into full time work... it's a paycheque but not the "career" for me! I'm working on the school thing again too, but who knows where that will take me?
    Event planning sounds fun though... does it sound more glam than it actually is?

    btw im loving the fringe! amazing bag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our careers are full of choices and opportunities. The good news is that we have plenty of both, so no one decision is irrevocable. Do your best to travel toward your ultimate long-term goal and, just as important, don't sweat the journey.

    This is a terrific outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this whole look..
    the stripes looks adorable on you..
    gorgeous fringe bag
    lee x

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Mel- it definitely sounds more glamourous than it is (I do corporate events so they are not glitz and glam!); @Shybiker- thanks for the advice, I'm trying to stay zen! @Lee-the fringe bag was only $2 at Salvation Army :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the mixed prints girl! thank you so much for following my blog and im following yours too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love that even though we live many miles away we can still feel the same way about things ... i am definitely at a crossroads too!

    ReplyDelete

One of my daily joys is reading the lovely comments you leave. It may take a day or two (or three, depending on how hectic life gets!) but I will stop by your slice of the blogosphere soon! xo Emily