Tuesday, December 30, 2014

please excuse the cat hair

Preface: This blog post and these photos were taken months ago but I forgot to hit publish until just now when I realized how barrren my blog has been as of late.  I also have a confession to make, the no shopping challenge died around early November but hey I lasted 3 months without shopping, that's a personal triumph in and of itself.  More on why I had to hit the stores to come, but for now, photos when there was no snow on the ground and writing from when I had time to blog.  Enjoy!

Sweater- Thrifted; Skirt- Twiss & Weber; Purse- Clothing Swap; Shoes- Fundraising Sale; Earrings- Vintage; Ring- Gifted & Scarf- Shepherd's Fashions


With my fashion styling business, I help women (and men!) decipher the colours that look best on them.  This not only helps their skin tone appear brighter, it also makes getting dressed and going shopping easier because you can gravitate towards your hues.  I'm a Warm Autumn so I look best in gold coloured jewellery and shades of brown, beige, army green and cream.  When I was younger, I wore whatever colour I wanted to and didn't pay much attention to whether the colour worked with my palette (especially because I prefer to stock my summer palette with brights and neons). I still think it's important to wear what you love, regardless of colour, however I know that when I wear my colours I am looking and feeling my best. 





Unsure of your colour palette (aka season?) You can check out this easy quiz for fast results.

PS And yes about the post title, please excuse the cat hair, I didn't have time to lint brush before outfit photos and Mama Sita's hair particles are clingy fellas!

6 comments:

  1. congrats on going 3 months with out buying clothes. You look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3 months without shopping is still great. You look amazing. I love your scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3 months without shopping is still great. You look amazing. I love your scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right about the autumnal hues - you look positively radiant. Maybe it's the effect of the skirt, but your scarf has an illusion of shimmer from a distance. I love it! Happy New Year Emily. Hope we can catch up in 2015 - we're long overdue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Found your blog recently and I’d like to say that I’m in love with it!
    Interesting posts and beautiful photos!
    I’ll be happy to see you in my blog!)

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm  here to share my testimony of what a good trusted loan company did for me. My name is Nikita Tanya, from Russian and I’m a lovely mother of 3 kids I lost my funds on trying to get a loan it was so hard for me and my children, I went online to seek for a loan assistance  all hope was lost until one faithful day when I met this friend of mine who recently secured a loan from Le_Meridian Funding Service She introduced me to this honest loan company who helped me get a loan in within 5 working days, I will forever be grateful to Mr Benjamin, for helping me get back on feet again. You can contact Mr Benjamin via email: lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com, they do not know I’m doing this for them, but i just have to do it because a lot of people are out there who are in need of a loan assistance  please come to this company and be saved.WhatsApp:(+1 989-394-3740)

    ReplyDelete

One of my daily joys is reading the lovely comments you leave. It may take a day or two (or three, depending on how hectic life gets!) but I will stop by your slice of the blogosphere soon! xo Emily