Tuesday, October 23, 2012

t-shirt

T-shirt- JacobSkirt- Target; Cardigan & Belt- Thrifted;  Jewellery- Sears & Gifted; Shoes- Garage Sale ($2); Nail Polish- First Class by Revlon
I'm not a girl who does casual well and I rarely wear a t-shirt with jeans so when I decide to wear a tee, I like to pair it with feminine pieces like heels & a skirt to keep it from feeling too grunge.  This is one of my favourite t-shirts that I bought a couple years ago when I worked beside a Jacob outlet store (dangerous for my wallet!) & I love its whimsical print and muted palette. 
 

I've been sick these past couple of days and sweatpants/greasy hair outfit photos aren't exactly the height of luxury so I dove into my archives and found these photos taken over a month ago (hence my old hairstyle).  These pictures were taken in my clothes room, a small bedroom in our new house that my man is patiently converting into my walk in closet.  I can't wait to share with you the final results, I'm starting to realize how much clothes I truly own and the discovery is alarming (how can one person own so much stuff?)


What's your favourite way to wear t-shirts?

16 comments:

  1. Feel better soon. I can't wait to see your walk in closet. I know you feel but my is with shoe. I never had a shoe problem until I started work at DSW and it mainly been this year. they are taking over my closet. no joke.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tee. Nice shoes and belt, too. Those of us who love fashion need and deserve a BIG closet: think of it as an artist workspace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the tee and girly skirt, and those shoes! Fabulous! I am not really a t-shirt type of person either, but I would say my basic black tee is my favorite. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a good graphic tee! I really like the way you styled this - I pinned it for future inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. when it comes to tees I must say I only like the ones with brilliant prints or patterns, not something too casual or boring. and I can wear a tee with many things: a skirt, a pair of shorts, skinnies..
    by the way, I like the blue theme you've added to that outfit, and also all the jewellery which gives so much spice to your tee.

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm always a big fan of looks that mix casual and more dressy pieces so I really love this, and the skirt is super pretty.

    Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the t-shirt!! I like pairing a graphic t-shirt with a somewhat casual skirt, it helps dress down the skirt but dress up the t-shirt. Jealous of your walk in closet girl, that is just too awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blazer t shirt and jeans all the way : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tee shirt? I got distracted by the peek at the clothes room. Man, oh, man, you are LUCKY :)

    I like to pair tees with slim skirts or cropped pants, and long cardigans, but it's not a look I can take to the office, unless the tee is plain.

    ReplyDelete
  10. how cute is that t-shirt and i love the necklaces you paired with it
    i would just pop those on with jeans (i know you are not a jeans, girl)
    you would look amazing
    brett

    ReplyDelete
  11. emily, i hope you are feeling better. i am such a blue fan! i would so wear that polish, & steal that t-shirt. i wear my t-shirts anyway i want: grungy, casual, slightly dressed up, with jeans, shorts, skirts, etc...

    ReplyDelete
  12. love your tee! such a great print.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, a whole room (even a small one) for your walk-in closet? That sounds like a dream come true! I can't wait to see the big reveal. I don't think you can have too many clothes if you actually WEAR them all. It's the people who have stuffed closets of things they never wear who have a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a great tshirt and statement necklace! Love your yellow walls! I always like that!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous t-shirt - you look so cute!
    Hope you feel better soon

    Kate xo petite-adventures.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

One of my daily joys is reading the lovely comments you leave. It may take a day or two (or three, depending on how hectic life gets!) but I will stop by your slice of the blogosphere soon! xo Emily