Tuesday, August 21, 2012

dotty

Dress (worn like this)- Swapped; Top, Scarf & Purse- Thrifted; Sandals- Fairweather; Bracelets- Joe Fresh; Ring- Logan Antiques
I love polka dots and it's no surprise because I'm a little dotty myself! If eccentricity is a gene, then I inherited it in spades! Those who know me well have had the pleasure of meeting kooky Emily, my favourite part of my personality!

Some of my eccentricities include my numerical OCD tendencies; my obsessive love of Q-tips; my made-up vocabulary and crazy cat voices and occasional R rated stories told to strangers (resulting from an inability to filter myself properly!)


It's day two of my black & white challenge and the only colours I see are my hot pink finger nails, unruly greenery (this whole backyard thing is new to me after years of living in high-rises) and ombré (aka don't dye your roots for two years) hair.  

Why be a cookie cutter version of someone else when you can be your fabulous, eccentric self! 
Are you dotty too? 

14 comments:

  1. Your post popped up before I started to log off and so glad I saw it. You look great in that polka skirt and your scarf!

    I am a little OCD about my desk. I like things in order at work or I can't function. One time I came back from lunch and one of my friends switched up all my stuff. Luckily for me, she is OCD too so I got her back eventually :)

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the dress! I've never seen such big dots. They're really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a dotty too! I love your style and crazy personality. This is such a fun look! I too love q-tips and have a hard time censoring myself.

    Rhe
    rhestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. another black & white just right dotty outfit with the perfect accessories by emily! i like the ombre hair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. polka dots are such a fun print, but i think I'm more of a stripes girl myself.
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't consider myself as dotty.. more like harsh and realistic. though when I'm with right people and in right mood, I can be all about crazy too.
    your polka dot look is really cool btw and I still love that cute little bag of yours.

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I can definitely be a little dotty, just ask my husband! :)

    I adore polka dots, so I love this. And it's a great black and white look!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute little panda ring!

    xx,
    Erin
    http://erinscurrentlycoveting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've always adored polka dots! Yours are just too cute! Great outfit!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Emily I was just gonna tell you that your ombre hair looks beautiful as it was the first thing I noticed when I clicked on. Love the dots with a touch of bohemian flare. Dawn suitcase vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need me some more dots in my life!

    Always so pretty Ms. Em!
     
    oxo,
     
    ML
    TWENTY YORK STREET
    Follow @20YS on Twitter : @20YS
    Follow @20YS on Facebook: TWENTY YORK STREET
    Recent post:http://www.twentyyork.com/2012/08/fall-fashion-jacob-chic-suitcase.html 

    ReplyDelete
  12. love that you paired the polka dots with the zebra!
    hope you are settled into the new home!!
    brett

    ReplyDelete
  13. you doing great at your black and white week

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your polka dotted dress (worn as a skirt) black and white combos are one of my favourite for outfits :)

    ReplyDelete

One of my daily joys is reading the lovely comments you leave. It may take a day or two (or three, depending on how hectic life gets!) but I will stop by your slice of the blogosphere soon! xo Emily