Friday, August 26, 2011

wrinkly woes

Pants- GAP (thrifted); Top- Banana Republic (gifted) ; Heels, Sunglasses & Purse- Aldo; Headband- Goody; Necklace- Gifted
Because sometimes a gal doesn't feel like ironing! This beautiful silk top was gifted to me by my fashionable friend ML of Twenty York Street and I wanted to get some wear out of it before the Labour Day ban on white (which I tend to ignore by the way!) My iron is old and rusty so I didn't want to risk staining the top so went with the wrinkly look, hoping that it looked like the style of the shirt (did it work?) I paired the top with my favourite pair of GAP pants that I thrifted for $5.99.  I love their wide legs and subtle pin stripes (which in photos look like a psychodelic 70s pattern but I can ensure you that they are not!) I added yellow and gold accessories for just a hint of colour.  It feels like the last few days of summer are upon us so I plan on squeezing as much whites, brights and lights into my wardrobe as I can over the next few weeks!

Jewellery (L-R): Aldo; Gifted; A SweeT Boutique (snake) & Fossil (watch)

What's with the pigtails you might ask? Well this my friends is my 'just got back from sweating at the gym and haven't taken a shower look'...charming I know (but c'mon we've all been there!)

My favourite thing about the top is the feminine detailing on the back. 
This outfit reminds me of this look I wore during the summer edition of 30x30. 

Here's to a fabulous weekend! Tonight I'm off to Ariana Assadi's Beauty Gala and will live tweeting from my personal account @tinfoilstiaras !


  1. Oh, I love that detailing on the back!

    I'm on my way over to lend you my dress for tonight. :)

  2. What a gorgeous top and a great gift! The back detail is so unexpected.

    xoxo ~ Courtney

  3. Simply adorable! I loved the wrinkled silk top. Are the pants pinstriped? Maybe it's the camera, but the pattern looks a little trippy. I like them. :)
    Also following on bloglovin! Thank you. :)


  4. It really does look like a crinkle top and not just wrinkled. I love it like that.

    I bought a steamer last year and I love love love it. I got this one and I love it. Way better than ironing.

    You look super cute. Love the pants as well.


  5. I have these same pants! I thrifted mine too :-)

    Love your top and how you paired it with the yellow shoes!


  6. i would have thought your top was supposed to be wrinkled! it's a beautiful feminine piece and i love the detailing on the upper back. i don't even own an iron! i use a travel size steamer to get the worst wrinkles out and just wear everything a little unperfect, i like it that way

    thanks for stopping by my blog and enjoy your weekend!

  7. Hold onto summer as long as you can--it's not fall yet, dagnabbit!

    I have pinstripes that photograph wonky too. I love the yellow shoes. :)

    Have a great weekend!

  8. Love your top, so pretty! xo

  9. Love the pigtails and yellow shoes. I know what you mean about stripes looking 3d. What is up with that? Anyway, adorable outfit. Have a fun weekend! Dawn Suitcase Vignettes xo

  10. loving the seersucker thrifted gap pants! very cute. and you have the best accessories!!!

  11. That top is super cute. It winkle doesn't look bad at all.

  12. Great top! Love your fabulous accessories, too! xo style, she wrote


One of my daily joys is reading the lovely comments you leave. It may take a day or two (or three, depending on how hectic life gets!) but I will stop by your slice of the blogosphere soon! xo Emily