Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I'm Back Y'all!

And it sure feels good! 10 days of blogging abstinence is long enough thank you very much! I didn't want to stay silent during the holidays but with the pre-historic speed of my Mum's laptop and the boy's bed ridden illness, there was simply no time.  I hope that y'all had fabulous holidays (pardon the Southern drawl, I picked it up in the North Carolina airport yesterday!)

My holidays were...well let's just say unexpected! Christmas was great- the boy and I got to spend time with my Mum, Step-Dad and British cousins.  On Boxing Day the boy contracted an awful bout of the flu epidemic that was spreading across the UK so Paris was but a cancelled trip! The remainder of my holidays was spent nursing the boy back to health (with a lot of help from my much more sympathetic mother); arguing with family members and developing a severe case of house prisoner syndrome.  We didn't see much outside of my Mum's (charming but tiny) house so a daily walk around the neighbourhood was a must.  On the plus side, since I didn't leave the house too often, my credit card was not screaming for mercy at the end of the trip!

Here are some pictures from the happy and healthy part of the trip.  My New Year's Resolution is to look at the glass half full so something positive I can say is that it was great to spend so much quality time with my family (minus the moments of temporary insanity!)

My travelling fur (at the Philly airport)

Christmas Dad (my Mum is in the blue and my Step-Dad is on the furthest right)


Mum's Christmas tradition- a homemade cheese and onion quiche (I made the heart!)

The last smile from the boy before the flu took over (just kidding- sort of!)


Cousin Steven

Mum

Preparing for High Tea

Homemade chocolate truffles (recipe here)

Playing trains- I am the conductor!

Isn't she adorable?! (daughter of my Mum's friend) After this photo she pranced around in my fedora!

I'd love to hear about your holidays!

7 comments:

  1. Hooray! You're back! Hope you had a lovely holiday. The first picture of you is cuuute!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look you had a blast! Welcome back my dear!

    besos,

    ML
    Happy, Happy New Year!

    20 YORK STREET

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back! Glad your holiday was mostly fun. Sorry 'bout the boy's illness.

    The pictures are cute and colorful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back! Looks like you had a great holiday ( minus the boy's sickness). Great photos, I like the one of you playing train, it's too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year and welcome back! Looks like you had a fun holiday season!

    Happy Wednesday, cheers: Evi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year...sorry to hear about the illness-boys! Go figure :-)
    Hope you have a great 2011.
    Love K

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone! He's hacking away in the other room but I think he is starting to come around! It sure is good to be back in the blogosphere however!

    xo Emily

    ReplyDelete

One of my daily joys is reading the lovely comments you leave. It may take a day or two (or three, depending on how hectic life gets!) but I will stop by your slice of the blogosphere soon! xo Emily